Saturday January 29, 2011
A good time was had by all at our annual drinks and course awards on Wednesday (26th January). The awards recognise the achievement of those gaining distinctions while studying with us on our face to face PR courses in London but I think anyone who completes a professional quallification like this deserves a pat on the back - combining study and work can be tough especially in an unpredictable business such as ours.
Special thank you to our judges Yvonne O'Hara from DWP and Sean Trainor, incoming chair of CIPR Inside - the CIPR group for internal communicators, and of course Jane Wilson, new CEO of the CIPR who presented awards to the winners. Our lovely awards are designed and made specially for PR Academy by top model maker Stephen Greenfield
See photos of the night here.
Our distinction graduates and winners for 2010 were:
CIPR Diploma in PR
• Katherine Howbrook, PWC – Course Award winner
• Liza Coffin, The Health Foundation – distinction graduate
CIPR Advanced Certificate in PR
• Natalie Harland, Burson-Marsteller – Course Award winner
CIPR Internal Communication Certificate
• Jon Laysell, HMRC – Course Award winner
• Janet Wilson, HMRC – distinction graduate
• Jennifer Harrison, Qinetiq – distinction graduate
• Michael Fulton, Oldham College – distinction graduate
CIPR Internal Communication Diploma
• Laura Smith, HMRC – Course Award winner
• Joni Wormall, Institute of Civil Engineers – distinction graduate
• Lucy Bouquet, Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – distinction graduate
Speaking about her studies, Lucy Bouquet said: "Completing the Internal Communications Diploma has been the most rewarding professional development of my career so far. Not only have I been awarded a respected qualification, I’ve gained a wealth of theoretical knowledge, a network of talented peers and reawakened my passion for internal communications too."